Dr. F. C. Page
Last revised May 29, 2017
Dr. Frederick Page, who was in Medford recently upon a visit to his friends, Mr. and Mrs. F. W. Streets, returned last week to his home at Woodstock, Indiana, but before going he invested in Medford real estate, having purchased Wesley Green's new residence, on North J Street. The price paid was $2600, and within a few weeks the doctor and his family expect to come to Medford and make this city their future home. Mr. Green, we understand, will buy property elsewhere in the city and erect a dwelling thereon for his own occupancy.
"City Happenings," Medford Mail, May 4, 1906, page 5
Dr. Frederick Page returned to Medford last week from Woodstock, Indiana, where he has been for several weeks past, settling up his business affairs preparatory to taking up his permanent residence in Medford. When he was here a few months ago he purchased the West Green residence, on North J. Street, and as soon as his family and household effects arrive he will commence housekeeping therein.
"Purely Personal," Medford Mail, July 13, 1906, page 5
Dr. Frederick C. Page and Frederick W. Lawton have incorporated a company for the purpose of dealing in and buying and selling real estate, stocks, bonds and negotiable securities, as well as mining properties and timber lands. Firm name to be Page & Lawton, Inc. Place of business to be in new Medford Bank building. First operation to be the opening up of the entire Eagle Point district, which includes all the rich irrigated bottom lands of Butte Creek, Antelope and Rogue River, besides many acres of upland orchard lands. A most extensive advertising campaign throughout the eastern states to be a feature.
"City Happenings," Medford Mail, December 28, 1906, page 5
Dr. F. C. Page, of the real estate firm of Page & Lawton, departed a few days ago for a business trip to the East, his itinerary extending as far as Chicago. Mr. Page has several important matters that will claim his attention while on his trip and which it is hoped will prove a benefit to Rogue River Valley, but his principal object is to interest capital in the completion of the Medford and Crater Lake Railroad as far as Butte Falls. Messrs. Page and Lawton have been in communication with industrialists in the East for some time, and their prospects for their becoming interested in this important railroad project are encouraging. We wish the doctor success in his efforts.
"City Happenings," Medford Mail, February 1, 1907, page 5
PAGE HOUSE BURNED.
It Was an Old Landmark and Was Burned--Owned by Dr. Page.
The residence on Dr. F. C. Page's Suncrest orchard tract, near Talent, was destroyed early Sunday evening by fire. The fire caught from a burning chimney, sparks having fallen to the roof and ignited the shingles. The house was occupied by a family by the name of Howe.
This building has been a landmark for a great number of years, the land upon which it stood having been one of the early-day donation land claims. It had recently been built to, a fact which added materially to its value. It was partially covered by insurance.
Dr. Page has architects already at work on plans for a large, modern bungalow, the construction of which will commence in a few days.
Medford Mail, July 2, 1909, page 1
Suncrest Orchards, owned by Dr. Frederick C. Page, were sold Saturday afternoon to J. H. Miller, G. Parke Dadmun and Edward Angier of Boston, Mass. The consideration was $265,000. The sale was made by Howard S. Dudley of this city. The tracts cover 161 acres of land, 150 acres being in full bearing.
"Suncrest Orchards Sold . . . ," Medford Mail Tribune, April 16, 1911, page 1
The Thirty-Ninth Annual Meeting of the [Oregon State Medical Association] met at Medford, Oregon, on September 18th, 19th and 20th, 1913. The first two days were employed in the regular scientific work of the society, interspersed with social functions. The third day embraced a trip to Crater Lake.
The meetings were held in the Page Theatre. This modern, up-to-date theatre had special attractiveness because it belongs to a physician, Dr. F. C. Page, who, although now retired, has made his mark in professional work elsewhere. He came to Medford, drawn by its marvelous climate and its business opportunities for investment, and retiring from practice, has in the space of a few years doubled his fortune in speculation and, like all successful physicians, reinvested his added increment to the development of his home city. This theatre, leased by Gordon & Fuson, is modern in every particular and a credit to the community as well as to Dr. Page. Dr. Page sold a pear and apple orchard at Medford some years ago for something like $200,000, and some of this money doubtless went into the Page Theatre.
"Medical Societies," Medical Sentinel, October 1913, page 1200
FUSON RETIRES AS MANAGER OF PAGE
Thomas J. Fuson, who has been associated with Robert Gordon in the management of the Page Theater, announces his retirement from the firm. The managers have met with success in their efforts to provide Medford with first-class attractions, but as Mr. Fuson states, the volume of business is not sufficient at present to justify two managers. Mr. Fuson will continue with the telegraph department of the Pacific Telephone & Telegraph Co.
Medford Mail Tribune, October 1, 1913, page 4
The Diamond Rooming House on N. Central Avenue Medford, owned by Dr. F. C. Page and operated by George Iarns [Irons?], was destroyed by fire at an earlier hour Wednesday morning. Loss about $3000, which was covered by insurance.
"Local News," Jacksonville Post, September 27, 1914, page 3
Dr. F. C. Page, who recently leased the Page Theater for ten years, will devote his time to the real estate business. The doctor is a lover of the theatrical game, is well posed on all the leading companies and stars, and during the past eight months he has been managing the Page has given the public not only the high-class road shows that have visited the coast, but the top-notchers in moving picturedom. Mr. Page also understands how to take care of and please the public, which is a large factor in the theatrical game.
"Local Briefs," Medford Mail Tribune, July 2, 1919, page 2
Henry Harcke left Tuesday evening for Fresno, Cal., where he has a position as an organist in one of the moving picture houses. Mr. Harcke resigned a similar place at the Page Theater. His place will be taken by Miss Jeunesse Butler, and her place at the Rialto will be taken by Miss Grace Brown.
"Personal," Medford Mail Tribune, January 12, 1921, page 8
DR. PAGE DIES OF HEART AILMENT
Dr. Frederick C. Page, formerly of this city, where he resided for many years, and was one of the community's best known and most beloved citizens, passed away of a heart ailment this morning at 4:20, at the home of his sister, Mrs. C. A. Knight, of 801 East Main.
Dr. Page had suffered a recurrence of heart trouble that confined him to bed three weeks ago, and from which he had never fully recovered. He was 66 years of age.
His death comes as a shock to Medford, where he had been known as owner of the Page Theater, and a resident of Rogue River Valley for many years. He had been in the real estate business in Los Angeles until recently.
Medford Mail Tribune, September 21, 1934, page 1